Lariam should be used in the following countries:
South America - the inner parts of the Amazonas, the Pacific coast of Colombia
in the landscape of French Guyana, Guyana and Suriname.
* Tropical Africa.
* Indonesia - Irian, Jaya and the islands north and east of Bali.
Thailand - the eastern parts (if You will be primitively
but in Phuket protection is not necessary.
* Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - if You will travel in the landscape.
* Bangladesh - in the areas around Chittagong.
* Burma - by the border facing Thailand or India.
* Papua New Guinea, the Salomon Islands and Vanuatu.
Chloroquinephosphate should be used in the following countries:
* Central America - if You are staying longer than one week.
* The Caribean - in the landscape of Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
* Mauretania, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
and in the north-eastern landscape of
South Africa including the Krüger park.
* The Middle East - in
some landscape areas in Oman, the United Arab Emirate,
western Saudi-Arabia, Yemen and Iran.
* Pakistan, India, Bangladesh - when staying overnight in the landscape.
* Nepal - if You are travelling for more than one week outside of Katmandu and below 1300 meters altitude.
* Sri Lanka - if You are staying overnight outside of Colombo.
* The Philipines - in the landscape.
* Indonesia - in the landscape of Java and Sumatra and on the indonesian part of Borneo.
* Malaysia - outside the
most common tourist areas and if You are staying overnight
more than one week in the inner parts of Sarawak and Sabah.
* Burma - outside the tourist areas.
* Malaria pills *
Mosquito stick * Mosquito spray *
All-covering clothes * Impregnated mosquito net